Thursday, June 24, 2010
Top Ten List of Things I MUST Do Before Writing
Here then are my top very important, essential things I simply must take care of before I can put one word down on paper:
1. Post a new blog, like this one
2. Update my Facebook and Twitter status
3. Play a game of Spider Solitaire
4. Walk the dog
5. Empty the dishwasher
6. Play another game of Spider Solitaire
7. Accept/reject Facebook friend requests
8. Answer e-mails
9. Check the sales ranking of each of my books on Amazon
10. Play another game of Spider Solitaire (will I never get tired of you, my love?)
Bonus: Take a new picture of myself with my Mac's handy-dandy PhotoBooth software (see above, note the link to #4 on the left...she's waiting for her walk)
So what do you do to put off what you should be doing? Really--tell me so I have one more reason to put off working on my work in progress...
Real Men. True Love. Rick R. Reed is an award-winning and bestselling author of more than fifty works of published fiction. He is a Lambda Literary Award finalist. Entertainment Weekly has described his work as “heartrending and sensitive.” Lambda Literary has called him: “A writer that doesn’t disappoint…” Find him at www.rickrreedreality.blogspot.com. Rick lives in Palm Springs, CA, with his husband, Bruce, and their fierce Chihuahua/Shiba Inu mix, Kodi.