I met with author Shelby Stone near the Dumpster out back at Piggly Wiggly. While rummaging for good eats, I asked her my patented 10 Silly Questions. Working her way through her own lunch of fried squirrel brains, collard greens, and peach cobbler, Shelby took the time to provide some very thoughtful answers.
1. If you could invite any famous person, dead or alive, for dinner, what would you eat?
I would invite Jim Morrison and his first wife, Patricia Kennealy. I would cook them Southern fried chicken with cream gravy. We would have cat head biscuits with honey butter. A congealed (that’s Jello) strawberry salad, green beans, cole slaw. For dessert we’d have red velvet cake.
2. Who do you think you are?
I am really a Russian princess switched at birth.
3. What’s your problem?
The Grim Reaper is always just around the corner and it bothers me more every year.
4. If you could have one wish, would you give it to me?
Yeah why not. You might make better use of it than me! I wish you well! About all I want out of life anymore is good health and more years to kick around in.
5. Where you at?
I live in the deep south. It’s like where they filmed the movie Deliverance. I saw a bumper sticker last month that said “Paddle faster, they’re warming up the banjos”
6. If you had to choose only one vice, what would it be?
Probably gluttony. Food tastes so good!
7. What’s your favorite brand of cereal?
Capt’n Crunch- with crunch berries.
8. When you wake up in the morning, what celebrity do you most resemble?
Sharon Stone [RR: Me, too. Mind if I smoke?]
9. Do you know your ass from a hole in the ground? And if so, how do you tell the difference?
I’m about average intelligence. I wish I was in Mensa, but it’s not gonna happen. I try to avoid conflict and holes in the ground. How do I tell? I use a mirror!
10. Do you have anything you’d like to plug?
Oh sure, world peace. Wait a minute, that’s for beauty contests. I would like to plug my erotica novella, The Gelding which is selling on MysticMoonPress.com. It takes place in the year 2060 and women rule the earth. [RR: Is Hilary still around?]
Shelby Stone writes from the wilderness of Alabama. She began writing in 2004 as a mental challenge. She found writing was not that difficult, but the editing process is very painful! She was first published in 2005 and it’s been all smooth going ever since.