It helped that we were naked throughout the interview.
Here's Anthony's responses:
1. If you could invite any famous person, dead or alive, for dinner, what would you eat?
Breads, cheeses, pate, chutneys and dips, some smoked salmon, some fruit and nuts, and lots of wine. Tasty, communal, easy food where we could focus on the conversation rather than whether the rice is burning.
2. Who do you think you are?
I’m a writer, a husband, a friend, a party-giver, a guy who likes to putter in the backyard, a son and brother, a traveler, an art-lover, a volunteer. Not necessarily in that – or any – order.
3. What's your problem?
I have a problem with people who are self-absorbed.
4. If you could have one wish, would you give it to me?
If you had a good reason to have it.
5. Where you at?
Becoming who I was always meant to be. Happy. Grateful.
6. If you had to choose only one vice, what would it be?
Too much wine.
7. What's your favorite brand of cereal?
Fibre 1 Honey Clusters.
8. When you wake up in the morning, what celebrity do you most resemble?
Benicio del Toro, but not in a good way.
9. Do you know your ass from a hole in the ground? And if so, how do you tell the difference?
Easy. One can go into the other. But not the other way around.
Anthony Bidulka’s Russell Quant mystery series tells the story of a half-Ukrainian, half-Irish, gay, ex-cop, Canadian prairie, world-travelling, wine-swilling PI living a big life in a small city. The series is a multi award nominee, including for the CWC Arthur Ellis Award, and winner of the Lambda Literary Award.