I have yet to read a book by Ms. Mays, but am thinking of buying one of her works just to show my support to the narrow-minded people in her school district her want to ruin the reputation of a woman who has been a dedicated high-school teacher for 25 years. What does what someone does in her spare time (and under a pen name) have to do with one's day job? It wasn't like she was engaged in something illegal; she was a published author, for heaven's sake, a credential I would think would make her more attractive as an English teacher.
The entire reader community is now rallying behind her. It seems as if the very genre that generates so much money to the publishing business over any other genre continues to get disrespected. Shame on all involved in this debacle. Ignorance is the real sin here.
Raise your voice and please show your support of Judy Mays in any of the following ways:
- Voice your displeasure of the original article and show your support of Judy Mays by
- posting on WNEP's Facebook Page:
- Email reporter, Kate Vernon and let her know how you feel about her "article":
- Join the Support Judy Mays Facebook Page.
- Comment on Twitter using Hashtag #SupportJudyMays:
- Show your support of Judy Mays in a more personal way. Judy can be reached via email: email@example.com